The R. Matthew Lynn Museum is named in honor of Dr. Lynn, who was instrumental in the acquisition and development of Mo-Ranch in 1949 as a Presbyterian Assembly ground. The museum, dedicated in 1990, is located in the building that was originally used as a creamery during the Moran era when a dairy was in operation on the Ranch.
The museum is arranged in a chronological order of the use of the land that is now Mo-Ranch. Beginning with the earliest settlers on the land, the Indians, the displays move through the Ranching era, the Dan Moran era, and the Presbyterian era. Paralleling the chronological theme is the theme of people as reflected in the narrative that accompanies each exhibit area. People have made up the history of this land and continue
to occupy a central place at this Presbyterian conference ground. The Lynn Museum also reflects the faith commitment of this special place by the use of Psalms from the scriptures at the beginning of each exhibit.
Guests are encouraged to take a self-guided tour of the museum. Hours vary, and a staff member is available to open the museum for you. Please contact the Front Desk.